Want to know what sets us apart from our competitors? Here are the top 5 reasons to choose PC Geeks for your next computer repair:
- Unlike big box stores, when you bring your computer in for service at PC Geeks, you can be reasonably sure that you are going to get the technician you had worked with previously who will have some history on your machine and have an underlying understanding of your personal needs.
- We are not just trying to corral you onto a show room floor to by the next unproven, latest and greatest machine that has just hit the market. At PC Geeks, it is our mission to repair the perfectly acceptable machine that you already have rather than force you into something that you may not even need!
- We pride ourselves on forging long term relationships with our clients so that as your needs evolve, we can help in moving your forward with honest assistance and advice that is going to be in your best interest
- At PC Geeks, you have the choice of your preferred service area. We have multiple locations strategically located in the Northern Metroplex. Click here to view all PC Geeks locations!
- We are proud to stand by our work and make sure that you are satisfied with the outcome of your service. We feel strongly that a customer should be able to trust and rest easy knowing that if something does go wrong, they can count on us to do the right thing and make sure they are taken care of in a timely manner.
Contact PC Geeks today!
One of the challenges facing many technicians these days is trying to piece together how a problem with their client’s computer has occurred. This can be a difficult and time consuming task that can end up in days of diagnostic tests on hardware. A common reason for this is that often, a customer is shy or reluctant to let a technician know what might have led to the problem as perhaps they fear that the technician will punish them with higher costs and giving them a hard time!
It should be said that any technician worth their salt should never judge a client, either morally or based on their ignorance of their computer’s inner workings. I can speak honestly and say as a technician I have pretty much seen every possible instance of the bizarre in the course of my career and managing to shock any technician is nearly impossible at this point. We have seen smoothies that have grown lawns of mold inside of laptops! Pictures that cannot be unseen, and about anything else you can think of that make us put our head in our palms. We technicians are troopers.
A great way to keep your costs of repair down, ensure faster turnaround times and generally lessen the risk of a bad diagnosis is simply to be honest with your technician and let him know what you were doing when the issue arose. We are not going to punish you for dropping your laptop, looking at naughty websites, or even ill advised attempts at self repairs! In fact, if we know what you were doing it will go a long way towards helping us understand what could be causing your issues!
It goes without saying, that every industry has some bad apples that will take advantage of people if they feel they can get away with it, and as a consumer it is important that you find a technician that you feel you can trust to make the right call and not shame you into spending more than you have to. Once you find the technician you are comfortable working with, do not hesitate to tell them what you were doing at the time of the problem so they can figure it into their diagnostic work and narrow down the issue swiftly.