Are you thinking of getting a new computer? If you are, you likely have an idea of what you will use it for, and even some plans to upgrade it in the future.
People use their computers in different ways. An entrepreneur could have a laptop with a moderate hard drive and processor for business work. A website owner could have a home server PC with fast-acting hard drives, a large network card, and a good hardware controller. And a PC gamer could have a full system with a large solid state drive, a surround-sound system, the latest multi-core processor, top-notch graphics processors and video cards, and colorful lights in the case.
With this in mind, do you really want to settle for just any laptop or PC at the big-box store? If you want to do more than surf the web and send emails, a custom-built PC might be right for you. Here are just a few good reasons why, according to Tech Guided:
- If you buy a pre-built computer, it may not have the best hardware, cooling, storage, or processor you really need. As a result, you will have to make compromises, do without, or spend extra money and time upgrading an unfamiliar system. At times, you may not be able to make such upgrades.
- The store’s warranty for the whole system is usually for a year at most, and requires you to send the entire computer for repairs. This could leave you without a computer for a while – even if just one part needs to be fixed.
- The store could offer you subpar technical support. This could leave you waiting for hours on the tech support line, only for the agent to not identify the issue or find a solution.
- You may not like the operating system the computer came with. Even a brand-new operating system could suffer from glitches or other problems, or it may not be compatible with the programs you regularly use. Building your own computer gives you the option to choose the best operating system for you.
In the long run, it is better to get a system tailored to your needs the first time, with plenty of room for upgrades and the best support.
Getting a Custom-Built PC
Whatever your needs for your new computer are, PC Geeks can help you. Let us know your needs and your budget. Then we will design the system with only the best parts for you and your wallet. Your choices for your desktop, workstation, or laptop are unlimited, but some of the most popular options are:
- Advanced CPUs (Central Processing Units) and GPUs (Graphics Processing Units)
- Storage devices and custom RAID to store and safeguard your data
- RGB lights
- CPU cooling systems
- Custom cases and case designs
Even after the building is done, we offer repairs on custom-built PCs and a written warranty. If something goes wrong with your computer, we will take care of it. Our most common repairs include:
- Replacement for parts such as power supplies
- Problems with overheating, stability, speed, booting, etc.
- Upgrades for parts including hard drives and processors
Getting a custom-built PC will ensure you have the best parts, storage, processing capabilities, and operating system you need and leave room for upgrades and further customization. It will also give you the best technical support and warranty. If you are ready to get started, call or visit PC Geeks today.