6 Important Tips for a Successful Computer Setup
So you finally got a new PC. Congratulations! There’s nothing more exciting than a new tech toy, whether it’s for business or for personal use.
So now comes the fun part (or so we think), the computer set up process. Because unlike a new car or blender, a PC doesn’t always run the best right out of the box. Especially if it’s straight from the factory. It requires a few more steps until it is in prime condition.
Here are 6 important steps you need to take for a successful computer set up.
1. Update Windows right away. Depending on how long your PC sat on the shelf, your copy of Windows might need some time to get up to speed. To do this, follow this path: Windows Control Panel, System and Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates.
2. Don’t use Explorer unless you like it. We’re not going to tell you not to use Explorer, but because of the gamut of good browsers available, we recommend trying out a new one.
3. Remove the bloatware. Pre-manufactured PC’s come with tons of programs, et. al., factory installed. Most often, you don’t want or need them. What’s worse, they sometimes run in the background and slow you down. For optimum PC speed, take the time to remove them. You’ll thank us in the morning.
4. Install what you like, especially now after you have removed the bloat. Not everyone uses or likes programs like Windows Media Player or Winzip. So if you have been using other programs on your other PCs, take to the internet and download what you use most.
5. Update important driver software. Because sometimes they don’t do it themselves unless something goes awry. This step is particularly important for those who built their own PC. In the end, you want the latest drivers for compatibility and performance.
6. Perhaps the easiest step of all: Enjoy!
Sound daunting? We got you covered. Feel free to contact us to discuss how we can get your computer set up and ready for business.